Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More work, a vision for my MFA show

I have been thinking a lot about what I enjoy about making art. A lot of it I believe has to do with experimentation and the learning and excitement that comes with it. I want to have variety in my final show, but it won't be contrived- it will just be a result of my natural experimentation and my urge to use different processes with a focus on different subject matter and styles.

One thing I've been doing lately is listening to music and letting it drive the image. These thumbnails were created quickly during the duration of various songs, and no work has been put into them after the song has ended. For one part of my final show, I would like to do a lot more of these, pick my favorites, and display the thumbnail images in some array. From these, I am thinking of taking the ones I like absolutely best and developing them further.


No comments:

Post a Comment